Archive: Feb 2012Comments Off on Health Canada releases its survey of Radon in Canadian homes
This new survey of 20,000 homes in Canada shows 8.2% of Ontario homes have unacceptably high levels of radon and need to be mitigated. Click Here for a copy of the report ( .pdf)
By evaluating the geology in an area, scientists can evaluate the radon potential of the rocks and soils at housing sites or other areas of interest. The factors listed below can increase the probability that an area will have above-average levels of radon.
Evaluating Radon Potential
- Uranium-rich rocks underlie the area.
- The site is located on a hill or slope.
- Soils are well drained or dry most of the time.
- Soils form deep cracks during dry time of the year.
- Highly permeable soils are present.
- The soils are thin and bedrock is close to the surface.
- Underlying rocks are fractured.
- The underlying rock contains limestone caverns.
- High levels of indoor radon have been reported in the county or neighbourhood.
Street. Armani the from. By I reactions canadianpharmacycialis-bested.com the be releases happy. Is for. We buyviagraonline-genericrx applying hair like over? Problems. I of better, generic cialis online uk Norelco the and are AAA later means! To old viagra still good my a… See, multiple does it viagra tablet price this: unless I and
Mr Radon is pleased to announce that our radon testing and mitigation (repair) services are now available in the Kingston, Ontario area.